Rainy Weekend? 10 Ways To Have Fun.
- Brunch @ B&B Butchers. Saturdays and Sundays, 11AM – 3PM. Check out their rooftop patio, now climate controlled. What to order? Insider favorites include the Chicken & Waffle, the Hill Country Omelet, the Stuffed French Toast, or if you’re feeling healthy go for the Power Up (egg white scramble, whole wheat avocado toast & salsa roja).
- You wanted to have a productive morning but now you’re in the mood for a couple of daytime cocktails? Yeah, we know the feeling. Head over to Emmaline for their Saturday Punch Brunch. Bonus: their floor-to-ceiling windows are great for watching the rain come down.
- Oh no, your productive morning turned into a productive afternoon, too. It’s now 4PM and you feel awkward going to a brunch spot. In that case, we’d send you over to La Table downstairs for their ultra-light Tuna Flatbread. Pair it with a Yellow Jacket (Casamigos Tequila, elderflower, yellow chartreuse, orange bitters) and you’ll be all set to get Saturday’s nighttime festivities started early.
- Not in the mood to socialize? You want to leave your house but you don’t really want to leave your house. You feel like doing something, but – be honest with yourself – you don’t really feel like doing anything. Head over to the River Oaks Theatre, grab a bottle of red, and settle in. We’d recommend seeing Blaze, the Ethan Hawke-directed film inspired by the life of Blaze Foley, “the unsung songwriting legend of the Texas outlaw music movement that spawned the likes of Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson.” 9:30PM showtime.
- You’d like to have a low key night, but you’d also like a good meal and maybe a drink or two? Post up at Le Colonial’s upstairs Lounge. Order a couple of martinis or a bottle of wine and some shared plates, recommend the Pan Seared Chicken Dumplings, the Fire Cracker Beef, the Spicy Yellowfin Tuna Tartare, and the Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry. Honestly it’s all good, go hungry and thirsty.
- Up for a movie after Le Colonial? Walk on over to iPic, grab some movie tickets and another cocktail, and settle in. Urbane VIP Member, Annabel Massey, is known to order a carafe of iPic’s Smoking In Bed cocktail (whiskey, smoke, agave) for herself and fall asleep 15 minutes into the movie. If you see her in the theater, give her a nudge on the shoulder when the movie ends.
- Prefer the old Sundance theater (now AMC 8) to iPic? Stop by B&B on your way downtown for a bite. Pick your poison from their raw bar or check out The B&B “Steak” House Salad for a light bite before your flick.
- We’ve also got our Astros. Diamondbacks this weekend – Friday @ 7:10PM, Saturday @ 6:10PM, and Sunday @ 1:10PM. If you’re down for a good time at Minute Maid, swing by The Grove before or after the game for a couple of beers and bar bites.
- And then there’s Emmaline’s Late Night Happy Hour. Usually on their upstairs patio, but with the weather we’ll most likely be inside for a jolly good time. Specially priced drinks and live music. Oh, and don’t forget, mention your Urbane membership and a complimentary shot will be on its way to you.
- We reserved the tenth and final item for…football. Football is back and we’re pretty happy about it. Go watch your team at one of our partner restaurants: eat well, drink well, have a good time.
All Urbane Memberships and Services are temporarily on-hold in line with the current COVID-19 limitations. Please continue supporting our partner restaurants and services that are continuing to do take-out and delivery services at this time. Urbane memberships will be reviewed once the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, and restaurants can resume normal business.